Popa Day Tour
Experience the drive through the countryside and explore the most famous place for spirit-religion in myanmar, Mount Popa. Tour includes a good air-conditioned car, an experienced driver, and an experienced english speaking tour gudie.
- Visit Mt Popa, the most famous place for spirit-worshipping religion, also known as the oasis of the central Myanmar dry zone.
- Explore a cottage industry of making palm sugar, palm wine, peanut oil, and loacl whisky made out of palm sugar
- Walk around an authentic local village on the way to Mt Popa
We will pick you up at 9:00am at your hotel. Then we will start our 1:30 hours drive to Mt Popa. The scenery all the way to Mt Popa is beautiful with all those palm trees, villages, and fields. On the half way you will see a cottage industry of making palm sugar, peanut oil, palm wine etc,... Then you will continue to Mount Popa. Mount Popa is an extinct volcano, and it is the center of Myanmar’s unique nat or spirit-worshipping religion. It is 657 meters (2156 ft) above the sea level. The temple complex is located on the top of the Taung Kalat. There are 777 steps all the way to the top. From the top you will see a fantastic panoramic view. Once you have seen the temples and view on the top, you will climb down the montain, and you will see the spirit shrine at the foot of the mountain. Then, you will have lunch at a local restaurnt. On the way back, if you are not tired, visit a locl village and walk around the village. Then back to your hotel.
Tour includes :
- A good air-conditioned car (also pick up and drop off)
- An experienced English speaking tour guide.
- Bottled waters and refreshing towel.
Tour excludes :
- Entrance fee for Bagan archaeological zone.
Prices are quoted based on per person. Prices are valid until 31 March 2020. If there is any change in prices quoted below, we will let you know during your booking.
- You’re requested to wear appropriate clothing for religious buildings- no open blouses, short shorts or offensive images.
- For last minutes booking, you should call +95 9256143018 to check the availability.