Bagan Salay Popa Day Tour
Experience the drive through the countryside, and explore the most famous place for spirit-worshipping religion and one of the most religious centers in Myanmar. Tour includes a good air-conditioned car, an experienced driver, and an experienced english speaking tour guide.
- Yoke sone monastery, one of the most famous monasteries in myanamr
- A huge-hallowed buddha statue
- Mt Popa, the most famous place for spirit-worshippng religion in Myanamr
- Cottage industry of making palm sugar, palm wine, peanut oil, and local wishky
Our guide will pick you up at 8:00am at your hotel , and then you will begin the 1:30 hours drive to Salay through villages, fields, and twons. The scenery all the way to Salay is beautiful with all those trees and villages. It is one of the active religious centers in the country for there are lots of active monasteries. Upon arrival, you will first visit a monastery named Yoke Sone ,the best monastery in Salay, then Man Phaya ,a big hollowed-buddha statue, which is really interesting. You will finish the morning sightseeing after having lunch at Salay House, an old colonial building built in early 20th century, with the fatanstic river view.
Then you will start your 1:30 hours drive to Mt Popa. The scenery all the way to Mt Popa is also beautiful with all those palm trees, villages, and fields. Mount Popa is an extinct volcano, and it is the center of Myanmar’s unique nat or spirit-worshipping religion. It is 657 meters (2156 ft) above the sea level. The temple complex is located on the top of the Taung Kalat. There are 777 steps all the way to the top. From the top you will see a fantastic panoramic view. Once you have seen the temples and view on the top, you will climb down the montain, and you will see the spirit shrine at the foot of the mountain. On the way back, if you are not tired, visit a cottage industry of making palm sugar, palm wine, peanut oil, and local whisky. Then back to your hotel.
Tour includes :
- A good air-conditioned car (also pick up and drop off)
- An experienced English speaking tour guide.
- Bottled waters and refreshing towel.
Tour excludes :
- Entrance fee for Bagan archaeological zone.
- Entrance fee for the Yoke Sone monastery in Salay (5000 kyats)
Prices are quoted based on per person. Prices are valid until 31 March 2020. If there is any change in prices quoted below, we will let you know during your booking.
- You’re requested to wear appropriate clothing for religious buildings- no open blouses, short shorts or offensive images.
- For last minutes booking, you should call +95 9256143018 to check the availability.